Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hazard City

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010

The hump of the week is finally here. That means that tomorrow is my time to hang out and be with my friends. I'm sorry I look forward to the time where I can just sit back, relax, and be with my loved ones (who aren't my family). Well, they're my family but not blood. You get me. But, as I am writing this blog, I am already getting that warm fuzzy feeling of excitement. Because this weekend, my goal is to get wasted. I'm being really honest when I say I'm chugging a bottle of Patron. Oh Patron, you just understand me so well. Besides my weekend expectations, I had one of my favorite classes today....Geology! No, I'm not being sarcastic. I really love that class. I love classes that teach you by giving scenarios for you to solve all on your own.

My Geology class is from 1 to 4. But, usually I get out a lot earlier than that because I finish the assignments. Which actually happened today. I got there, and she passed out graded worksheets and a progress report. While she is doing that, we have to do our online assignment. Which is this online program called Hazard City. Hazard City is this fake city that has a bunch of problems relating to Natural Disasters. The first assignment I did was calculating the magnitude of an Earthquake and the potential death toll/ damage it would cause. The second assignment was calculating the height of a Tsunami and pretty much it's power. How much damage it would cause, and the count of homes that would be affected by a tsunami of a particular size. But today, we concentrated on Flooding. We had to learn about different Flood Zones and calculate approximately the insurance rate for 3 different homes in different Flooding Zones. I wouldn't say that this assignment was my favorite but it still was fun.

So, I was done with the assignment around 1:40 p.m. but stayed until 2 to wait for my progress report and the rest of my work. My work made me feel good, I didn't have anything under than a B but the progress Report scared the shit out of me. I had a 34.7% in the class. But then I realized that I have 2 assignments missing because I was out of school from being terribly sick. So, once I make up that work (hopefully she'll accept it) I would have a 102% which makes me feel really good cause I wasn't the kid in high school to be having grades like that. So let me brag a little.

After that, I left my class and smoked a cigarette on the way to my car. Talked to a squirrel a long the way (I'm serious) and was close to sweating a river. Today was so hot! I rushed inside my car, blasted the AC and the radio, and left back to my house. When, I got home I ate some great Cuban food made by my grandmother while watching Grey's Anatomy. My mom got me into the show and now I watch it religiously. After I was done eating I took a 2 hour nap (which felt amazing if you were wondering) and had a Cortillito (I think that's how you spell it) which is Cuban coffee with sweetened steamed milk. It's really good and can give you a big burst of energy after the first sip. So, not only did I have a power nap, I also had a power drink. Which is why my overly energized ass can't sleep.

I'm going to read through this real quick and see if I missed anything.

So, I didn't miss anything but I did make a few corrections here and there. So, this was my day and I can't wait to see how tomorrow will be like. Oh! One more thing. I have an announcement for my friend Frankie, who passed her permit test today :)

.: Congratulations Fricker!! I knew you were going to pass!!! :.

That's it for now...
FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment