Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Eating Strawberries

Tuesday, March 16th, 2010

Obviously this day started when I woke up this morning. Going to Valley College because I had Child Development at 11:20 a.m. I really enjoy that class, it give you quite an understanding of why you are the way you are in a simple, yet satisfying form. It is such an interesting class and I would recommend anybody to take that class, even if it has nothing to do with their major. After class, I have about a 2 hour break for me to do whatever I want before my next class starts. So, I used my time to give my car a lovely time at the spa, the car wash that is.

I went to the self serve car wash on woodman because since its my own car, I'm going to give it that extra time to make sure every spot is cleaned. I vacuumed the inside, conditioned the leather, air freshened it, and then I went for the exterior. Pre-soaking, tire cleaning, shining, and of course cleaning the windows. When i was done, my car shined like the top of the Chrysler building! Yes, I used a line from Annie the musical. Yes, you may call me a dork. But, it did shine like that and that was my goal.

After the wash I went to my anthropology class to come to a paper on the door with a bunch of signatures from other classmates. Which means that he is not coming in today. I was relieved but at the same time was pissed that I drove my ass to class for him not to be there. Definitely suing for the gas money I wasted. So, since class was not happening today I decided to do something nice. Like taking my dog and running at the park.

So, I went home. Grabbed my dog named Whisper (my dog is deaf sadly so I thought it would be clever to name her Whisper) and headed to the park. While I was heading there I met my mom at Ralph's cause she wanted to see me and asked I asked her if she wanted to come with me. Unfortunately, she couldn't because she didn't want to leave my grandma alone, so instead I asked Erika (my best friend since 7th grade, we haven't talked in the past 3 years but we reconnected, she's such a good friend and we would find ourselves laughing for hours about stupid stuff) and she agreed to go. But first we did a little stuff before we went to the park.

I met her at the Starbucks or Starbux (the way Erika spells it) near her house and we went to this really good Mediterranean place. I forgot what it was called but the food was delicious. After that, we went to her house and ate some strawberries and talked for a bit. Then her mom came by, dropped of some money and we went to the park for a bit.

We got to the park, walked around with my dog for about 2 hours and then headed back to Erika's humble abode. She lives in this cute little back house that I adore. It feels like home when you walk in there. We then ate some more strawberries (i love strawberries) and talked for a bit, then her husband Sebastian came home from work and caught us sleeping together. No, I'm just kidding. It just seemed like what you would expect to read when you see "husband coming home from work..." The real story: Her husband came home from work and we were talking about our Team for the American Cancer Society. Erika put this tea together called Team Tomorrow, where we raise money for cancer research, I'm on this team as well so we were deciding ways to raise money. I had an idea to make this Handball Tournament so we have some fun will fund raising for a cause. In a little over an hour after that I went home. Got on the computer for a bit. Then I went to sleep. This day wasn't that long, I'm usually writing so much but there isn't really anything to say. So that's it!

Now for my next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment